Monday, December 1, 2008

Friendsgiving and the weekend that followed - quick update

Friendsgiving was a tumltulous arena for gorgeous boys and girls to showcase their bike skills via polo, and street methods. Lily and I drank lots of wine. Then Scotty bought me a slice of pizza. Seattle Amanda drank whiskey straight from the bottle, and made me fall in love with her. I fell, twice. Then I decided passing out on Pam's garage floor alone was a poor substitute for my warm bed and puppies.

Saturday, I got into a car accident. Bettie Dakota has severe front end damage caused by an out of town Bride-To-Be not watching where she was going. Hopefully they total Bettie out and just hand me some cash. I think I know what I'll do with it...

In the meantime, trying to get ahold of Allstate to secure me a rental car (her insurance company, as I was not at fault for the accident), a lawyer to make sure I didn't do any permanent damage by slamming into an SUV at 30 mph, and tuning up my bike as I'm set to be a commuter for the next few weeks...

Other than that, life's good.

5 comments:

Christopher Appelgren said...

Thanks for the comments on the Queers' art I did. You're a good writer. Can I ask, however, how your car got the name Bettie Dakota?

invisible monster said...

She's a black 1998 Dodge Dakota truck... and, um, she looked like a Bettie. Heh.

Thanks for the compliment! I didn't realize you were the artist behind most of the early Lookout! stuff I've long cherished. I've admired it for years.

Christopher Appelgren said...

Well I am glad you dug some of my wonky scribbles. I have been very remiss about putting up more of my old and new artwork but all of the sudden, I am inspired to. How can I check out your band's music??

invisible monster said...

Your "wonky scribbles" trigger some very happy memories of my adolescence. So, thank you for that. To be honest, if it weren't for Lookout in the early 90s, Lord only knows who I'd be today.

One band is in the middle of recording, the other just got started, but if I know the way those boys work, it won't be long before we head into the studio. I'll probably make a post on here if it is anything I'm proud of. =)

Christopher Appelgren said...

That makes two of us then, if it weren't for Lookout in the early 90s, I am not sure who I'd be today either. It's interesting to ponder though. For one, I might not have flunked out of college to devote all my time to working at a punk record label.

As for your music, I understand from where you're coming from. My own project is not quite on the ready with recordings to share so I'll keep an eye on your blog for when the situation changes. Happy new year!